1. Playing games on your mobile can stop you losing your marbles. Researchers at the University of Iowa have found that mobile app gaming will keep your brain sharp, as you get older, for up to seven years longer.
2. A study by Twitch has found that gamers lead more socially active lives, are more educated, more optimistic and more successful than not- gamers.
Also Read: 15 Interesting Facts about Video Games
3. Successful companies don’t spend anything on advertising their mobile app games, it’s done using existing applications.
4. Only 3% of gamers pay money for their mobile app games.
5. Rovio, the developer of the fantastically successful Angry Birds app, has turned into an entertainment company as a result of the huge sale of toys based on the game.
6. In 2010 the mobile games industry was worth 33 billion dollars. In 2015 it was worth 54 billion dollars. That’s a growth of 163% in five years.
7. Women between the ages of 35 and 44 are the main consumers of mobile app games, representing 53% of the total mobile gaming population.
8. According to the History of Poker timeline, the first real money poker app was released in 2006.
9. 37% of iPhone users play games on their phones every day.
10. 80% of sales from app stores are from games.
11. The top five iPhone games in July 2016 were: Pokemon Go, Mobile Strike, Game of War, Candy Crush Saga, Clash of Clans.
12. 74% of social casino players access their games via mobiles.
13. In 2015, it is estimated that there was a total of 164.9 million mobile phone gamers in the U.S. alone. By 2020, that number is predicted to rise to 213 million.
14. In the U.S. 33% of all app developers make games, but 57% of those earn less than $500 a month from them.
15. In the U.S. 68% of mobile users play games on their phones.